SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Official Site of the Minnesota Wild
2014 5-Game Ticket Packs Season Ticket Holder Central Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest MN Wild App
Wild Message Boards

Photo

*Official* NCAA Hockey Thread

• Please log in to reply
6370 replies to this topic

#5701 Sportsfan-1

Sportsfan-1

Bruno's #1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,093 posts
  • LocationThe State of Hockey

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

What was your favorite 2011-12 Mike Lee memory?

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2011/11/13_scsus_lee_out_for_season.php

Now that's a big blow for St. Cloud State.
Posted Image Posted Image
"I don't think we accomplished much," Pavano said of the 2010 season. "We won the division, but two years in a row we got swept in three games. We didn't accomplish anything, as far as playoffs, as far as I'm concerned.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5702 faribogopherguy

faribogopherguy

Veteran Hockey Observer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts
  • LocationState of Hockey

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

Now that's a big blow for St. Cloud State.

I bet Ryan Faragher and St. Cloud State are happy he chose to go there instead of Dartmouth where he had originally committed to go to on a scholarship.

This posting by Faribogopherguy is strictly for the entertainment of his reading audience. No production or reproduction of his posts are allowed without the written permission of Faribogopherguy.

#5703 LemaireisGOD

LemaireisGOD

aka Killer Carlson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,465 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Nice recovery by the Gophers. I am sure they're quite happy Faragher decided to play for the Huskies, and its good to see Ben Hanowski continuing to find the back of the net. Big win for Denver last night over Colorado College. They needed that after last week.

"Why mess around with PT boats when you can have a Destroyer?" Al Strachan when talking about trade for Georges Laraque

#5704 Grainbelt

Grainbelt

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Good to see the Gophs respond on Saturday. I was expecting a letdown this weekend after the UND series - for this young team to come out with a split is reasonable.

#5705 IkLms

IkLms

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

And there is no Alcohol in the NHC, so you're safe on that front. :lol: Just expect a lot of 'sieves' and boos aimed at you and the team. I wish I could go to the games in my Gophers attire, but I doubt that my radio partners would like that very much.

I wouldn't want it any other way! As long as I'm not having stuff throw at me I quite enjoy being an opposing fan.

#5706 Wildskies

Wildskies

Minor Leaguer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

Remember, the Gophers games are their Stanley Cup Finals.

In the beginning it was, not as much anymore now that we have enjoyed some success outside of what you would call Gopher wins. This should be a fun series to watch. You boys at Minny were frustrated that Bucky was laying back all series playing boring hockey...don't expect that with us.

I actually wish we would play more defensive minded at times, but that is not Motzko's style. Bob likes to get at it and play a fast game. Watch for Condon and Novak this series as both of these guys can absolutely fly. These two teams in the Motzko era at SCSU have played some unreal offensive games. Remember the classic 8-7 SCSU OT thriller at the X? How about the 7-5 Hockey Day Minnesota Gopher win at the Hockey Center in 2009?

Like I said the Gophers have some serious high end talent once again scoring for them and Bob relies heavily on 2-3 scoring lines to try and rattle you with depth and speed. Should be a damn fun series to watch. Sucks LeBlanc is out with the broken leg. I will be going Friday night!

#5707 IkLms

IkLms

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

You've got to be kidding me...

#5708 Jagged_Ice

Jagged_Ice

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,641 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

You've got to be kidding me...

What happened?

#5709 angelina_e

angelina_e

The Original Brown-Eyed Blonde

• Members
  • 25,628 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

What happened?

Gophs are getting their asses handed to them 4-1 going into the 3rd period. F.U.G.L.Y.

#5710 Jagged_Ice

Jagged_Ice

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,641 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Gophs are getting their asses handed to them 4-1 going into the 3rd period. F.U.G.L.Y.

Ugh!! That really sucks. Say goodbye to #1 ranking. Unless they pound them tomorrow.

#5711 angelina_e

angelina_e

The Original Brown-Eyed Blonde

• Members
  • 25,628 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

Ugh!! That really sucks. Say goodbye to #1 ranking. Unless they pound them tomorrow.

Still on my TV, but I muted it a while ago to listen to Friday night tunes on the Q. 'Bouts to turn them both off for some Rock Band action!

Still losing 1-4 with 15 minute remaining, btw.

#5712 mortwild

mortwild

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

I see the Gophers made a game out of it, closing the gap to 4-3 late in the 3rd...
-Mort

In 2011-2012 the Wild will finish 3rd in the Northwest Division and 11th in the Western Conference. (2011/10/02)

#5713 Grainbelt

Grainbelt

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

I see the Gophers made a game out of it, closing the gap to 4-3 late in the 3rd...

Watching the replay right now. They got really cute on some scoring chances, looked like 2009 out there. They clearly have the advantage in team speed, but did foolish things like making one too many passes on a 3-1. :huh:

Their last goal was a shot from the point with traffic in front and Rau was there on the side of the crease to knock it in. Hopefully they remember that today.

#5714 Sportsfan-1

Sportsfan-1

Bruno's #1 fan

• Members
  • 25,093 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

The good news is the Gophers aren't losing like they have the last three years with just zero goal scoring or skating ability, the bad news is we are losing games like we used to back when we had a ton of talent with all the mental lapses and stupid turnovers. Very frustrating, missing on eigth 2-1's is sad, shoot the d*** puck guys, and stop being so careless with it in our own zone and we'll be fine. :angry:
"I don't think we accomplished much," Pavano said of the 2010 season. "We won the division, but two years in a row we got swept in three games. We didn't accomplish anything, as far as playoffs, as far as I'm concerned.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5715 IkLms

IkLms

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

That is the team that should have been playing last night! Kent Patterson leads the Gophers to a 5-0 shutout victory against St. Cloud St! Nick Bjugstad gets a hat trick for the Gophers and Kent Patterson has now broken the Minnesota record for shutouts in a season! 6 shutouts and November hasn't even ended yet! Go Gophers!

#5716 Ajaxberzerker

Ajaxberzerker

Minor Leaguer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

That is the team that should have been playing last night! Kent Patterson leads the Gophers to a 5-0 shutout victory against St. Cloud St! Nick Bjugstad gets a hat trick for the Gophers and Kent Patterson has now broken the Minnesota record for shutouts in a season! 6 shutouts and November hasn't even ended yet! Go Gophers!

This is beautiful to hear. Loving the Minnesota hockey success right now. Bjugstad looks incredibly comfortable with the puck as of late, and he continued showing it tonight with that hat trick. As only a Sophomore right now, he looks like he is developing into quite the stud of a next level hockey player, even beyond the expectations of him coming out of high school. Excited to see how high the bar is for the kid.

#5717 IkLms

IkLms

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

This is beautiful to hear. Loving the Minnesota hockey success right now. Bjugstad looks incredibly comfortable with the puck as of late, and he continued showing it tonight with that hat trick. As only a Sophomore right now, he looks like he is developing into quite the stud of a next level hockey player, even beyond the expectations of him coming out of high school. Excited to see how high the bar is for the kid.

Bjugstad is a beast! The Rau-Budish-Bjugstad line is amazing!

For the record. I see us losing our #1 ranking this week because of Friday's loss. Even though the game was 4-3 we played horrible in that game.

#5718 Grainbelt

Grainbelt

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

For the record. I see us losing our #1 ranking this week because of Friday's loss. Even though the game was 4-3 we played horrible in that game.

Deservedly so. Splits the last two weekends, decent opponents but still, they need to execute at a high level every time out if they are going to be considered an elite team. With all their youth, I expect some up and downs. Just glad to see the ups are outstanding and the downs are still winnable games. Big change from previous years.

#5719 Sportsfan-1

Sportsfan-1

Bruno's #1 fan

• Members
  • 25,093 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

Deservedly so. Splits the last two weekends, decent opponents but still, they need to execute at a high level every time out if they are going to be considered an elite team. With all their youth, I expect some up and downs. Just glad to see the ups are outstanding and the downs are still winnable games. Big change from previous years.

I could not agree more with every word of this post.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5720 Soulfly

Soulfly

Fourth Line Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

BSU beats UND tonight!! 1-0!!
]Posted Image
B-E-M-I-D-J-I BEMIDJI! BEMIDJI! goooooooOOOOOOOO BEAVERS!
Used to be Gnarkill before they switched boards on us and made me get a new name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

divider
wild.com is the official Web site of the Minnesota Wild Hockey Club. The Minnesota Wild, wild.com, "The State of Hockey" and State of Hockey flag image are trademarks of Minnesota Sports & Entertainment. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013  Minnesota Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

About Us | FAQs | Contact Us | Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use | Advertising | Code of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices

>