Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google
Official Site of the Minnesota Wild
Last Chance at Season Tickets Season Ticket Holder Central Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest MN Wild App
Wild Message Boards

Photo

I personally think it would be cool, neat, fun, etc. (not necessary) to have a Minnesota native on the team.

This topic is in the process of being archived.
144 replies to this topic

#1 MK-9

MK-9

Top Six Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

atvman29">

It just seems kind of odd to me.  We're in the State of Hockey and our professional team is void of Minnesotan hockey players.  Robbie Earl is the only American we have right now!

I'd love to have a player like Langenbrunner on our team.  Its always cool to have someone local.  Its the thing I miss most about Parrish.

Opinions?
Not interested Sid.

Was thinking something similar.

I don't care if this team is full of animated rubber %!#* dolls from China. If they can score, play quality defense, goaltend and win games, who gives a soupy shat where they're from. We don't "need" anyone from anywhere.

Posted Image

#2 MK-9

MK-9

Top Six Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

FFS...there at least has to be a way to get rid of those *!%*%!* nested quotes.

Pretty sure that in all reality, this thread is actually about 3 pages long. You know...sans the KC / 4eva yammering.
Posted Image

#3 Puck_in_the_Nards

Puck_in_the_Nards

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

I was actually skeptical when the Wild drafted Leddy. I was (and still am) afraid they were mollifying the locals who wanted a native on the team. Don't get me wrong - if there's a Minnesotan who can help the team, then I'm all for bringing him in (and I'll even admit to a bit of homerism) but at the end of the day, I want the best player available. I'll also say that I don't think Mikko's or Burns' popularity has been hurt by not being natives.

#4 Sportsfan-1

Sportsfan-1

Bruno's #1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,093 posts
  • LocationThe State of Hockey

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:17 AM

MK-9 wrote:
jaggedice wrote:
atvman29">

It just seems kind of odd to me.  We're in the State of Hockey and our professional team is void of Minnesotan hockey players.  Robbie Earl is the only American we have right now!

I'd love to have a player like Langenbrunner on our team.  Its always cool to have someone local.  Its the thing I miss most about Parrish.

Opinions?
Not interested Sid.

Was thinking something similar.

I don't care if this team is full of animated rubber %!#* dolls from China. If they can score, play quality defense, goaltend and win games, who gives a soupy shat where they're from. We don't "need" anyone from anywhere.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted Image Posted Image
"I don't think we accomplished much," Pavano said of the 2010 season. "We won the division, but two years in a row we got swept in three games. We didn't accomplish anything, as far as playoffs, as far as I'm concerned.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Sportsfan-1

Sportsfan-1

Bruno's #1 fan

• Members
  • 25,093 posts
  • LocationThe State of Hockey

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

Posted Image Posted Image
"I don't think we accomplished much," Pavano said of the 2010 season. "We won the division, but two years in a row we got swept in three games. We didn't accomplish anything, as far as playoffs, as far as I'm concerned.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 IkLms

IkLms

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:02 PM

Opinions?

I agree wholeheartedly. I mean, we are the state of hockey. At least half our team should be Minnesotan players. It's a disgrace that this is not true.

#7 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

I almost stopped rooting for the Canucks because they were never able to sign/trade for burnaby Joe Sakic!

Sarcasm FYI
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

Basically, when a team finds a player that meets their needs and helps to win games that's all fans can really ask for. If they happen to be local that's just irrelevent icing on the cake.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

MNSOTA wrote:
bozak911">

2000 Entry Draft: I see no Minnesotans in the top 10. Wild have 3rd Pick = Marian Gaborik
2001 Entry Draft: I see no Minnesotans in the top 10. Wild have 6th Pick = Mikko Koivu
2002 Entry Draft: I see no Minnesotans in the top 10. Wild have 8th Pick = Pierre-Marc Bouchard
2003 Entry Draft: One Minnesotan in the top 20.  Wild have 20th Pick = Brent Burns.  Parise gets taken at 17.  I guess we could have taken Stuart.
2004 Entry Draft: Two Minnesotans in the top 20.  Wild have 12th Pick = A. J. Thelen. Blake Wheeler goes 5th.
2005 Entry Draft: One Minnesotan in the top 10.  Wild have 4th Pick = Benoit Pouliot.  Brian Lee was taken 9th over all.  Didn't see the NHL until 2007-08 for six games for Ottawa.
2006 Entry Draft:  Big year for Minnesotan kids.  Three in the top 10.  Wild have 9th pick = James Sheppard.  Erik Johnson taken 1st. Kyle Okposo taken 7th.  Peter Mueller taken 8th.  I guess we could have dropped to 20th to take Fischer, but he hasn't made it to the NHL yet.
2007 Entry Draft: No Minnesotan in the top ten.  Ryan McDonagh taken 12th.  Wild have 16th pick = Colton Gillies.
2008 Entry Draft: No Minnesotan in the top ten.  Jake Gardiner taken 17th over all.  Wild have 23rd pick = Tyler Cuma.
2009 Entry Draft: No Minnesotan in the top ten.  Wild have 16th pick = Nick Leddy.***

Jamie Langenbrunner, taken in the 2nd round in 1993 by the Dallas Stars., 35th over all.  1993 may strike the bell of some, as it was the year the North Stars moved from Minnesota to become the Dallas Stars.

Now, why do people that have been around these boards bristle when someone posts this drivel?

1. It's been posted so many times already...
2. A. J. Thelen
3. Nick Leddy shouldn't have been taken that high.  TT wanted him (as did GMCF, obviously), and they couldn't trade down any farther.

Exactly.

Wait, they have to be drafted in the Top 10 to be good?
I guess I could start a list of players from Minnesota that I wouldn't mind having on the team, whilst the Wild were an organization...
Wheeler
Okposo
Kiskanen
Mueller
E.Johnson
Goligoski
Backes
R.Carter
Parise

ETC..

It's entirely feasible we could have gotten 1 of these players.

Side Note--- If you don't like the topic. Simply ignore it. You don't have to read or post in it. Get a f*ckin clue.

Actually, on a MB it's pretty standard for people who think redundant threads are worth a scathing response. If YOU don't like it perhaps find
 another avenue to discuss your hockey fandom in?

What's with all the cry babies lately? Sheesh  
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Threatening to throw out other personal information huh 4eva? Here, i'll beat ya to the punch and throw out a picture of you.

In  all seriousness though, this argument is going nowhere you guys. Meh, now I know how many of you felt when me, ae and evil constantly went at it. Ugh

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:43 PM

Anyone else find it pretty suspicious how, all of a sudden, people who claim to be longtime lurkers on these boards decide to make their first post chastising the "board bullies"?

I mean one, sure, two, maybe, but more than 3? I'm not buying it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

DeeOC wrote:
cehnehdeh">

Anyone else find it pretty suspicious how, all of a sudden, people who claim to be longtime lurkers on these boards decide to make their first post chastising the "board bullies"?

I mean one, sure, two, maybe, but more than 3? I'm not buying it.

Yep I was thinking the same thing...

Regardless of how people feel about 'bullying' on the boards, it's my opinion that if it leads to less worthless threads like this one being created, then I'm all for it.  When you post a topic or thread, what else do you expect people to do but comment or share their opinion on it?  It is ignorant to expect boardwide agreement on whatever is posted - and when a statement is incorrect or narrow minded, there are people who will tell you that.  

The topic here is titled 'We need a Minnesotan on the Wild'.  Short answer - No, we don't need one at all.  It may be nice to have one or it would be interesting to have one, but to say we need one is foolish plain and simple.  

If you are unsure of what you want to post or if you are afraid of what people might say, then don't post a topic in the first place.  Where has the thick skin gone in this world?  First we're giving trophies to all of our little league teams and now people cannot handle petty insults over the internet from people they don't even know and will probably never see.  

For God's sake either grow a pair and stand up for yourself (an option for which you must accept the consequences if people are in disagreement) or sit down and shut up.
That's not what it's about man. It's more or less the name calling, put-downs, and other childish crap that get's retorted around here. Obviously people are going to disagree, nobody is stating otherwise. But if you can't see what I, among others are referring too, then you have your eyes only half open. If you have been here long enough, which I am guessing you have, then I shouldn't even need to further explain. You have seen KC's crap day in and day out, and I am not talking about his seemingly worshiped statistics and analogy's, I am talking about his (among others) responses which ONLY demonstrates their insecurities and true age level! I love it when people argue, but when it becomes a name calling battle, well then that is where you get 100 posts of PURE CRAP. It's not the back and forth hockey talk that hurts the threads, it's the initial little league BS that KC spews out that draw attention of people like me; at that point it get's nasty...and for at least multiple changes. If you think bullying draws people away for the most part, you may be PARTLY right, but more than not it only TRIGGERS other posters, and in the end makes matters worse! GUARANTEED!

So say your peace and let it go. Or, are you admitting to being no better than the very thing you are "protesting" against?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

Don't be so narrowminded. Obviously I'm not just referring to your last post. More like, i don't know, the last 6 pages of crap?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

Yup, for sure it's cool/neat/fun to have somebody on your team that is from your hometown/state/province etc!! That said, it's also cool/neat/fun to have a player play the majority of their career with your home team when they have a lot of passion/class/commitment! I give you Trevor Linden. IMO he's a good old BC boy through and through regardless of the fact he was born out of province!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

We don't carry sticks in the dept I am in. But for the most part around here, it's people like KC that get me fired up the vast majority of the time; either him or his wife. Or it's when someone replies to "ONLY" my post, like there is nobody else that exists in the thread (Singled Out). I actually hold my composure pretty darn good on the streets, take that for what it's worth.

For my part I do this only because of the fact you arent a board veteran who hasn't found a way into any of the cliques around here yet. That and you just plain SUCK. :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 CehNehDeh

CehNehDeh

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

Not to mention there's not a cop alive who drives an Audi!! :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 angelina_e

angelina_e

The Original Brown-Eyed Blonde

• Members
  • 25,635 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

I want a good team. If it's full of Swedes, Fins and Russians, that is fine with me. There is no need to go out and scout/trade for a Minnesota native unless they are a good fit for our team.

#18 angelina_e

angelina_e

• Members
  • 25,635 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

Why is everyone (MNSOTA) so bitter on this forum ? You have your opinions, and I have mine. I think it would be cool to have a few Minnesota players on the team. Clearly you (MNSOTA) think its cool to bash anyone with an opinion contrary to yours.

I'm on a lot of forums and this one is by far the least pleasant I've been on. Which is a shame, cause I love the Wild.

Seriously?  That's contrary to what I've heard over the many years from visiting fans.  Sure, we have a couple of meanies, but I'll take that along with the copious amounts of intelligent hockey conversation we usually have over a board over-ruled by ignoramus pre-teens (ala CDC).

#19 angelina_e

angelina_e

• Members
  • 25,635 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

Wonder if the OP can detect sarcasm?

#20 angelina_e

angelina_e

• Members
  • 25,635 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

Amen, bro.

This thread is the perfect example of why I rarely post in HT.  You guys can be brutal!  All of you, do us all a favor and think of these things before replying: 1) is it relevant to the original post?  2) am I being a d!ck?  3) am I resorting to insults?  4) is most of this thread now just bickering as the result of #3?

1&2 are good (2 in friendly moderation)

3&4 are not productive, and primarily why I never post over in this forum.

Have a little respect people.  There is no need to be bringing in real names/addresses, etc into any internet disagreement.  Grow the eff up.

divider
wild.com is the official Web site of the Minnesota Wild Hockey Club. The Minnesota Wild, wild.com, "The State of Hockey" and State of Hockey flag image are trademarks of Minnesota Sports & Entertainment. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013  Minnesota Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

About Us | FAQs | Contact Us | Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use | Advertising | Code of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices

>