Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWildFan00

Nick Schults To Edmonton For Tom Gilbert

213 posts in this topic

Just wanted to point out that Schultz already has 4 points for us.

Thanks for him, Wild fans!

Brodziak

Keith The Great, on 13 March 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Brodziak

$(KGrHqYOKo0E3EyhHkG1BN5Duv4n0w~~0_3.JPG

Not only will that equal his total for next year but you are still losing, enjoy!

I see your Brodziak and raise you a Roloson!

Also losing has more to do with piss poor goaltending and a severe lack of PP time. And a terrible bottom pairing too I guess.

Not only will that equal his total for next year but you are still losing, enjoy!

And they're on track to get one of the top two picks....AGAIN!

which pick did we receive for roloson? roloson carried them to a cup final, brodz has well? keith wins this round, sorry jagged

Nick was drafted as a guy with offensive potential and a possible pp QB. I remember in his early games he would bring the puck up ice, but the Wild got burned a few times. I always figured it was lemaire and Ramsey that made him what he is today.

Wild fans will remember when Schultz was good for a few of those back door pinching defenseman goals per year. Not lately though.

From what I've seen of Gilbert so far, the trade is a wash. Schultz is better around the net, but Gilbert's offense wasn't stunted.

The trade got negative press around here, but we will get over it.

I've never liked the irony of Clutterbuck's comment , "Nick Schultz is what this team is all about."

That's supposed to be a good thing?

which pick did we receive for roloson? roloson carried them to a cup final, brodz has well? keith wins this round, sorry jagged

Roloson was traded to the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for the first round pick that later became part of a trade for Pavol Demitra and a conditional draft pick that later became a third-rounder.

Didn't we end up trading up to LA so we could draft Sheppard? :unsure:

Its not that hard to pick up second assists when you have a bunch of young floaters on your team. I bet Schulz was probably trying to ice the puck on half of those.

Its not that hard to pick up second assists when you have a bunch of young floaters on your team. I bet Schulz was probably trying to ice the puck on half of those.

Nope, he's been very solid.

I've been impressed with Tom Gilbert's play as of late, blocks shots well, certainly skates well, makes good passes for the most part and is at least competent in the offensive zone. Getting a good offseason to study this system under his belt will help.

Just curious, haven't Schultz's points been to Edmonton's top players, Hall, RNH and Eberle... if that is true, in no way am I surprised his points will go up. I mean let's be honest, MN doesn't have that kind of fire power / speed in our forwards!

Not a knock to Nick or anyone, just pointing out that his points should be easier to come by in Edmonton than Minny

is anyone else just in love with this trade right now?

I liked it from the get go and was happy to get rid of Schultz for damn near anything, not nearly as bad as Zidlicky but talk about dead weight.... as of now, I am really enjoying what I have seen from Gilbert... I also like his rare ability to draw high-sticking penalties....

Now just stop helping the team win THIS YEAR and we'll be happy!

YAKUPOV / GALCHENYUK / MURRAY / REINHART