SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Official Site of the Minnesota Wild
2014 5-Game Ticket Packs Season Ticket Holder Central Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest MN Wild App
Wild Message Boards

Photo

Nick Schults To Edmonton For Tom Gilbert

This topic is in the process of being archived.
211 replies to this topic

#161 SotaPopinski

SotaPopinski

Greenlay's Bff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

You misspelled favorite. ;)

#162 PtoJoneser

PtoJoneser

Upper Level Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

As someone whose name is mis-spelled continually, I must say it's common courtesy - in the case of something as personal as a family name - to endeavor to get that right at the very least. Especially, when the offended party is supposedly a "fan favourite."

The OP is the only person who can fix it.

You misspelled favorite. ;)

Beat me to it.....And Anti- your name is a bit of a trickery waiting to happen- so many damn ways it can go........e's, o'd, t's or d's.......sheesh:)
No mas pantalones

#163 KFAN22

KFAN22

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

No way should Koivu be untouchable. Heck, I'd even be shopping him this summer. We won't find any takers but I'd still be shopping him a little.

Wow!! :lol:

#164 LemaireisGOD

LemaireisGOD

aka Killer Carlson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Wow!! :lol:

Wow what? Even if Koivu's was a defenseman, having 10 goals and 37 points is pretty pathetic production at $6.75 million. I wouldn't think you'd find a lot of takers for a guy who will never score much more than 20 goals (in a good year) and who is best suited as a 2nd line center at a 1st line center price. Just sayin'...

"Why mess around with PT boats when you can have a Destroyer?" Al Strachan when talking about trade for Georges Laraque

#165 KFAN22

KFAN22

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Wow what? Even if Koivu's was a defenseman, having 10 goals and 37 points is pretty pathetic production at $6.75 million. I wouldn't think you'd find a lot of takers for a guy who will never score much more than 20 goals (in a good year) and who is best suited as a 2nd line center at a 1st line center price. Just sayin'...

I agree with you he is underperforming! But I think every team would make a trade for him for the right price

#166 LemaireisGOD

LemaireisGOD

aka Killer Carlson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

I agree with you he is underperforming! But I think every team would make a trade for him for the right price

Ok Einstein, what would we get for him? Honestly. What could Koivu possibly bring? Unless someone dumped their ugly salary guy onto our team in trade I don't think Koivu is going anywhere; he just isn't sexy enough nor does he score enough to make him a really really desireable asset IMO.

"Why mess around with PT boats when you can have a Destroyer?" Al Strachan when talking about trade for Georges Laraque

#167 KFAN22

KFAN22

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Ok Einstein, what would we get for him? Honestly. What could Koivu possibly bring? Unless someone dumped their ugly salary guy onto our team in trade I don't think Koivu is going anywhere; he just isn't sexy enough nor does he score enough to make him a really really desireable asset IMO.

I agree he isnt going anywhere, And I have no idea what we could get for the guy, My guess it would be a decent return though. I just think your comment about nobody would want him is not accurate in my opinion. And I for one wouldnt oppose the Wild shopping him, nobody on the roster should be untouchable for the right move

#168 LemaireisGOD

LemaireisGOD

aka Killer Carlson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

I agree he isnt going anywhere, And I have no idea what we could get for the guy, My guess it would be a decent return though. I just think your comment about nobody would want him is not accurate in my opinion. And I for one wouldnt oppose the Wild shopping him, nobody on the roster should be untouchable for the right move

Just ask yourself the following questions. Is Mikko Koivu great at...

Scoring? Nope

Leadership? Nope

Raising the level of play of those around him? Nope

Speed? Nope

Physical Play? Nope

Defensive Play? Yes

So if he's only really good at defense and the rest not great at or just average at best; why would you want to spend that kind of coin on a guy who probably sounds best suited to your 2nd or 3rd line? Just sayin'...

#169 kolt2112

kolt2112

Prospect

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Wow....this thread goes from Nick Schultzs To Edmonton For Tom Gilbert to Koivu...isnt there a thread for him somewhere ? anyways just want to say sorry minny fans for dumping Gilbert on you...was and still is team leader for giveaways in the D zone...havent seen schultz play yet but i am sure hes a more stable man on D than what we gave you.

#170 fargokman

fargokman

Oxygen Thief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,630 posts
  • LocationFargo, ND

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Wow....this thread goes from Nick Schultzs To Edmonton For Tom Gilbert to Koivu...isnt there a thread for him somewhere ? anyways just want to say sorry minny fans for dumping Gilbert on you...was and still is team leader for giveaways in the D zone...havent seen schultz play yet but i am sure hes a more stable man on D than what we gave you.

No worries, EDM fans over the years have proven themselves to be clueless whiner tools (except for a couple rare exceptions) so why should you be different? Thanks for stopping by, don't be so stupid to think Schultz will make a difference for your loser team - he won't. And I could say I'm sorry you're a fan of a DECADES LONG loser team, but I'm not, so I won't. Phuck off troll.
MAY THE WILD DRINK FROM THE SKULLS OF THEIR ENEMIES: NO PRISONERS.

I Drink to make other people interesting.

#171 kolt2112

kolt2112

Prospect

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

No worries, EDM fans over the years have proven themselves to be clueless whiner tools (except for a couple rare exceptions) so why should you be different? Thanks for stopping by, don't be so stupid to think Schultz will make a difference for your loser team - he won't. And I could say I'm sorry you're a fan of a DECADES LONG loser team, but I'm not, so I won't. Phuck off troll.

wow...i hope you dont represent minny fans worldwide...seriously lose the attitude and use these message boards to talk constructive hockey talk young man

#172 Keith_The_Great

Keith_The_Great

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Way to paint us all with the same brush.

And it's not like your team is much better than ours at the moment..
Posted Image
Souray is a bum, get rid of him.

#173 kolt2112

kolt2112

Prospect

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

#174 Broten14

Broten14

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationSSP

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

I think the Wild just may suck worse right now..

And damn it, the Wild need a lottery pick this year. so back off EDM :P
-Proud MN Puckhead!

#175 Keith_The_Great

Keith_The_Great

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I think the Wild just may suck worse right now..

And damn it, the Wild need a lottery pick this year. so back off EDM :P

Certainly looks that way after tonight... There's still 9 points separating our teams though.

And come on, we need one more!
Posted Image

#176 Broten14

Broten14

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationSSP

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Certainly looks that way after tonight... There's still 9 points separating our teams though.

And come on, we need one more!

trade ya Gilbert for those 9 points?
-Proud MN Puckhead!

#177 Keith_The_Great

Keith_The_Great

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

trade ya Gilbert for those 9 points?

Only if you take Barker back.
Posted Image

#178 Broten14

Broten14

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationSSP

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Only if you take Barker back.

what a frikkin pillar eh
-Proud MN Puckhead!

#179 marnhatesbadhockey

marnhatesbadhockey

Minor Leaguer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Amen!

#180 wildallseason

wildallseason

Prospect

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Ok deal for us. Sorry to see Nick go, he's been a solid hard working player here, wish him luck. Hello Gilbert.

divider
wild.com is the official Web site of the Minnesota Wild Hockey Club. The Minnesota Wild, wild.com, "The State of Hockey" and State of Hockey flag image are trademarks of Minnesota Sports & Entertainment. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013  Minnesota Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

About Us | FAQs | Contact Us | Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use | Advertising | Code of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices

>