Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google
Official Site of the Minnesota Wild
Download the Wild App Season Ticket Holder Central Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest MN Wild App
Wild Message Boards

Photo

Minnesota Wild At Phoenix Coyotes, 2-4-2013, 8:00pm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
230 replies to this topic

#1 MNSOTA

MNSOTA

Trapped in Wisconsin...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,542 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

I am out of wine, so we shall see how this game goes. Looks like I'll have to go the beer route tonight.

http://www.stateofho...-com-arena.html
And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works. ~~ Red Green

Posted Image

#2 Strife2

Strife2

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

HUNT THE DAMN COYOTES!

#3 rottenrefs

rottenrefs

Optimistic pessimist

• Members
  • 17,820 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

The company owner from Arizona is here all week.

Too bad he probably doesn't even know what a hockey puck looks like otherwise I'd give him a rash of trash goading him with Wild possibilities!

sigh

MN is 4-1 at home and Phoenix is 0-2 on the road.

Sorry, I hope I'm wrong but I'm picking MN to choke and for Phoenix to pull off their first away game victory.

Phoenix 4 Wild 2

-
Sure do want the Wild to win 6-1 though. In my mind that's where this team can be (and should be) but I just don't see it yet. I believe they have the ability but I also know they're all over the place playing with confusion and disarray. And they loose their legs barely halfway through the second period.

We still need better conditioning and consistency.

#4 LemaireisGOD

LemaireisGOD

aka Killer Carlson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,626 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

The company owner from Arizona is here all week.

Too bad he probably doesn't even know what a hockey puck looks like otherwise I'd give him a rash of trash goading him with Wild possibilities!

sigh

MN is 4-1 at home and Phoenix is 0-2 on the road.

Sorry, I hope I'm wrong but I'm picking MN to choke and for Phoenix to pull off their first away game victory.

Phoenix 4 Wild 2

-
Sure do want the Wild to win 6-1 though. In my mind that's where this team can be (and should be) but I just don't see it yet. I believe they have the ability but I also know they're all over the place playing with confusion and disarray. And they loose their legs barely halfway through the second period.

We still need better conditioning and consistency.

Yea, the Wild have looked winded far too often. While having a compressed schedule makes it difficult to practice and thus condition a lot; this team should be in better shape at this point than it seems to be currently. Its tough to finish games successfully when you're starting to fade badly in the 3rd period.

"Why mess around with PT boats when you can have a Destroyer?" Al Strachan when talking about trade for Georges Laraque

#5 LemaireisGOD

LemaireisGOD

aka Killer Carlson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,626 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

bump

"Why mess around with PT boats when you can have a Destroyer?" Al Strachan when talking about trade for Georges Laraque

#6 lynxrattle

lynxrattle

Fourth Line Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

It'll be very interesting to see how the Wild play after the line changes. Will there be more scoring from the other lines and will the first line come back if the opponent needs to start paying attention to Wild's other lines too.

#7 lavalampluva

lavalampluva

Franchise Forward

• Members
  • 17,544 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yea, the Wild have looked winded far too often. While having a compressed schedule makes it difficult to practice and thus condition a lot; this team should be in better shape at this point than it seems to be currently. Its tough to finish games successfully when you're starting to fade badly in the 3rd period.

If they are looking winded playing in Anaheim, just wait until they get to Denver. :unsure:

Maybe the Wild need to take a look at their conditioning program. They have the strength, but not the stamina. Might need to be overhauled. :huh:

#8 Hockey-78

Hockey-78

Top Six Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Coyle in, Powe out, Konopka centering Granlund and Setoguchi according to Russo. Yeo sure shoke up things! Why he didn't shake up the 1st line as well is beyond me.

"Give the 'A' to Cooke. Then we can legitimately call him the Azzhole."

an ancient Indian proverb

#9 MNSOTA

MNSOTA

Trapped in Wisconsin...

• Members
  • 19,542 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Coyle in, Powe out, Konopka centering Granlund and Setoguchi according to Russo. Yeo sure shoke up things! Why he didn't shake up the 1st line as well is beyond me.

Right, because we have a plethora of first line talent...

Posted Image

#10 Hockey-78

Hockey-78

Top Six Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Right, because we have a plethora of first line talent...

Do you actually watch the games? Against the Ducks we had no 1st line, it was a mess. Konopka had more shots than Parise or Heatley. There is zero reason for that line to be untouchable! All Heatley has left is a good shot and a big body. That line needs speed and/or a player with drive and passion. Even Ovechkin has already got demoted for his lack of effort this season.

#11 MNSOTA

MNSOTA

Trapped in Wisconsin...

• Members
  • 19,542 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Do I watch the games? Muahahaha. I think you're better off asking yourself if you think before you post.

Posted Image

#12 Hockey-78

Hockey-78

Top Six Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Change of subject I see. I take that as you enjoyed our 1st line's performance against the Ducks? Really sad if you did.

#13 MNSOTA

MNSOTA

Trapped in Wisconsin...

• Members
  • 19,542 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Who says I enjoyed their performance? Do you think placing PMB or a struggling Baby Cookie on the first line would change things drastically? If you think so, I'm more concerned with your mental faculties. It's one thing to mess around with lines 2-4, but this team has always been anemic when it comes to offense. Messing with our first line, even one that faced some struggles in an all around poor game, is crazy talk.

Posted Image

#14 Hockey-78

Hockey-78

Top Six Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Who says I enjoyed their performance? Do you think placing PMB or a struggling Baby Cookie on the first line would change things drastically? If you think so, I'm more concerned with your mental faculties. It's one thing to mess around with lines 2-4, but this team has always been anemic when it comes to offense. Messing with our first line, even one that faced some struggles in an all around poor game, is crazy talk.

No it's not.

Adam Oates knows more about hockey than you ever will. He shuffled the lines and put Ovechkin play with guys like Joey Crabb. I watched the Caps vs. Penguins. Though they lost Ovechkin made his presence felt. Yeo could try the same with Heatley.

#15 Hockey-78

Hockey-78

Top Six Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

No it's not.

Adam Oates knows more about hockey than you ever will. He shuffled the lines and put Ovechkin play with guys like Joey Crabb. I watched the Caps vs. Penguins. Though they lost Ovechkin made his presence felt. Yeo could try the same with Heatley.

#16 allenma

allenma

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

The way they've been playing, this might be the Wild's best chance at their first away win--MIGHT be. We'll have to see. I'm not feeling very comfortable prognosticating when they've just done a trade. I think this whole "message" sending that Russo keeps tweeting about can either light a fire under the boys or completely throw them off (even further?) their games. Although--since I'm not a sports psych--I'm mostly guessing. Either way, I'll be watching--Woodchuck in hand--and hoping for the best.

Hockey is life.  The rest is just details. 

#17 Keith_The_Great

Keith_The_Great

All-Star Forward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Normally I would cheer for the non-divisional rival, but the Coyotes are a bunch of cheapshots and whiners. After our last game against them, I have no respect for them anymore.

Take care of business, Wild. And we'll try to do the same with the Canucks.
Posted Image
Souray is a bum, get rid of him.

#18 fiveh0le

fiveh0le

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

I suppose the ice was soft in Anaheim. Not that it's an excuse because as LiG pointed out it's a trend. Could be why it stood out so much there.

#19 KFAN22

KFAN22

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

The only thing I may consider doing with the top line at this point and with our current roster is, throw Setoguchi up on the 1st line with Parise and Koivu and hope that gets him going. If he still cant produce I dont know what the Wild can do with him then!

#20 Broten14

Broten14

Third Line Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Normally I would cheer for the non-divisional rival, but the Coyotes are a bunch of cheapshots and whiners. After our last game against them, I have no respect for them anymore.

Take care of business, Wild. And we'll try to do the same with the Canucks.

Oh how I love to watch the Nucks lose. And I flippin hate these road trips. Cant wait for reallignment, but I'll miss the Wild playin the Oil, to date its my favorite games to go to, not because of the win %, just always liked the games.
-Proud MN Puckhead!

divider
wild.com is the official Web site of the Minnesota Wild Hockey Club. The Minnesota Wild, wild.com, "The State of Hockey" and State of Hockey flag image are trademarks of Minnesota Sports & Entertainment. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013  Minnesota Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

About Us | FAQs | Contact Us | Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use | Advertising | Code of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices

>