Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LemaireisGOD

2013 Minnesota State Boys High School Hockey Tournament Discussion

44 posts in this topic

OK - new rule....you MUST have a winning record to get into the State Tourney. :angry:

Next!

Oh - and Hurley is a stud

Haven't watched any of the games yet and I don't follow H.S. that closely, but... Was scanning my Twitter account and

Tweets on the Edina kid, Connor Hurley, were showing up. Hmmm, sounded familiar. Looked him up and realized his family owned the four seats right in front of me in 109 for years. Big bro, Ryan, won the tourney with the Academy of Holy Angels a few years back. He then played lacrosse at Cornell. Nice, nice family. Still miss 'em game nights.

Haven't watched any of the games yet and I don't follow H.S. that closely, but... Was scanning my Twitter account and

Tweets on the Edina kid, Connor Hurley, were showing up. Hmmm, sounded familiar. Looked him up and realized his family owned the four seats right in front of me in 109 for years. Big bro, Ryan, won the tourney with the Academy of Holy Angels a few years back. He then played lacrosse at Cornell. Nice, nice family. Still miss 'em game nights.

Cool, Babe - and right there you have shown you know an INFINITE amount more about him and his team than does LaPanta.  But I guess that's a given for more than a handful of us here. :D

Cool, Babe - and right there you have shown you know an INFINITE amount more about him and his team than does LaPanta.  But I guess that's a given for more than a handful of us here. :D

We possess the knowledge that you learn in the stands. Stands smarts. That is easier to supplement with the stuff media types get fed. All in all, I like our sources.

My DVR ran out of time with about 2:30 left in the Centennial/Wayzata game. Arrrrrrggghhh.

My DVR ran out of time with about 2:30 left in the Centennial/Wayzata game. Arrrrrrggghhh.

I was an awesome game, thats for sure!

Wow...that evening session is what this tourney is ALL about!! Just fantastic!

And we got the final I was hoping for :)

GOOOOOO CAKES!! :)

Wow...that evening session is what this tourney is ALL about!! Just fantastic!

And we got the final I was hoping for :)

GOOOOOO CAKES!! :)

oh flipping joy... I get to watch two green teams that make me red! Is it any wonder why I am a Wild fan? *lol*

I was pulling for Wayzata only for the hope of seeing a "new" team in the finals.

On the Class A side (aka the STA Trophy Chasing Class)... I'm glad this will be the final game in A for STA, and I hope and PRAY they end up in section 2 with Edina. I might even cheer FOR Edina in those games for a few years just so STA can feel the pain of having a good team get bounced by a slightly better Edina team year after year after year after year.

(oh... have I said that I graduated from 'Tonka?)

I hate private schools.  I hate that the transfer rules don't really apply to them.  Oh, and I hate private schools.

I hate private schools.  I hate that the transfer rules don't really apply to them.  Oh, and I hate private schools.

??? they do apply to players on private school teams.

??? they do apply to players on private school teams.

I hate private schools too, and Cake-eating schools like Edina too. The Hermantown / St. Thomas Academy game was awesome until the 1:57 mark with a bullschitt call and then an even bigger bullschitt non-call. MSHSL loves their private school championships. Stupid %^cking bullschitt.

Don't believe me...

BE8YvIvCYAII0gi.jpg

the first call really didn't bother me (wasn't a "fan" of it.. but then didn't hate it either) but after the non-call, that's when I was upset. Either call both plays, or call neither.

Another reason to be missing IowaFan.. we would most-certainly have had a bet tonight...a box of Peeps...she'd be backing her beloved Pioneers. Miss you C!

GOOOOOOOO CAKES !!! :)

Nanne was talking on KFAN yesterday that there is a lot of talk about getting rid of the two tier system and going with an NCAA style top 24 teams getting in, regardless of region. Apparently there has been a lot of heartburn and embarrassment for the organizers when sub-.500 teams are continually getting into the tournament because they play in a weak region...

1 person likes this

Come on Hill!

Congratulations to St. Thomas on winning the 3rd consecutive state title in another great game between them and Hermantown, what a finish!

7 people like this

Nanne was talking on KFAN yesterday that there is a lot of talk about getting rid of the two tier system and going with an NCAA style top 24 teams getting in, regardless of region. Apparently there has been a lot of heartburn and embarrassment for the organizers when sub-.500 teams are continually getting into the tournament because they play in a weak region...

I've been saying that in here for years....it makes total sense.

As is my custom (can't even remember how many years now) I attended the Section 2 and 6 finals at the Mooch last Wednesday night. 

Again, I contend it is EVERY bit as good as the actual school-boy tourney as (usually) all four teams involved are tourney-worthy.

That said, I am gonna say the Cakes are gonna take the big school event (But then I always pick the Cakes) :)

:)