Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google
Official Site of the Minnesota Wild
Last Chance at Season Tickets Season Ticket Holder Central Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest MN Wild App
Wild Message Boards

Photo

2013 Minnesota State Boys High School Hockey Tournament Discussion

For all State Tourney talk

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#41 KISS_Armyman

KISS_Armyman

Ex-Team of 18,000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Nanne was talking on KFAN yesterday that there is a lot of talk about getting rid of the two tier system and going with an NCAA style top 24 teams getting in, regardless of region. Apparently there has been a lot of heartburn and embarrassment for the organizers when sub-.500 teams are continually getting into the tournament because they play in a weak region...

#42 Sportsfan-1

Sportsfan-1

Bruno's #1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,093 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Come on Hill!

Congratulations to St. Thomas on winning the 3rd consecutive state title in another great game between them and Hermantown, what a finish!

Posted Image Posted Image
"I don't think we accomplished much," Pavano said of the 2010 season. "We won the division, but two years in a row we got swept in three games. We didn't accomplish anything, as far as playoffs, as far as I'm concerned.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Antti_Laxative

Antti_Laxative

Throbbing Member

• Members
  • 24,404 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Nanne was talking on KFAN yesterday that there is a lot of talk about getting rid of the two tier system and going with an NCAA style top 24 teams getting in, regardless of region. Apparently there has been a lot of heartburn and embarrassment for the organizers when sub-.500 teams are continually getting into the tournament because they play in a weak region...

I've been saying that in here for years....it makes total sense.
Posted Image

"If a player comes along who is better then Bobby Orr, may the Good Lord let me be alive to see him because he is going to be one hell of a player to watch."

- Milt Schmidt -

#44 Antti_Laxative

Antti_Laxative

Throbbing Member

• Members
  • 24,404 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

As is my custom (can't even remember how many years now) I attended the Section 2 and 6 finals at the Mooch last Wednesday night. 

Again, I contend it is EVERY bit as good as the actual school-boy tourney as (usually) all four teams involved are tourney-worthy.

That said, I am gonna say the Cakes are gonna take the big school event (But then I always pick the Cakes) :)

:)
Posted Image

"If a player comes along who is better then Bobby Orr, may the Good Lord let me be alive to see him because he is going to be one hell of a player to watch."

- Milt Schmidt -

divider
wild.com is the official Web site of the Minnesota Wild Hockey Club. The Minnesota Wild, wild.com, "The State of Hockey" and State of Hockey flag image are trademarks of Minnesota Sports & Entertainment. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013  Minnesota Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

About Us | FAQs | Contact Us | Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use | Advertising | Code of Conduct | Privacy Policy | AdChoices

>