jaredjohnson

Change goal song back to Crowd Chant

5 posts in this topic

The goal song needs to be changed back to Crowd Chant.  Picking Lets Go Crazy seemed right at the time of his death but the song doesn't fit.  Ive been to several games this season already and the energy isn't there in the crowd like it was with Crowd Chant. The building will be much louder once it gets switched back. Who agrees?

Sad that the paying public needs a song at ALL in order to have "energy" ... especially after a goal for Pete's sake.

Saying this aboot league-wide...not just the locals ... so I guess having a strong opinion on what makes a good "goal song" is at once, sad and over thinking 

1 person likes this

You're spot on Jared. Crowd Chant has become synonymous with the Wild. I look around at games and see very few people interacting with Let's go Crazy. Most of the crowd would chant and cheer to Crowd Chant. I hope they right a wrong and switch back next season.  

Ignore the comments from Grandpa Hockey. He goes to Wild games to root against the Wild. The whole pretending to be from Canada thing has him cheering for all the Canadian teams and his age has him cheering for the Original 6 teams.

On 12/14/2016 at 11:08 PM, faribogopherguy said:

You're spot on Jared. Crowd Chant has become synonymous with the Wild. I look around at games and see very few people interacting with Let's go Crazy. Most of the crowd would chant and cheer to Crowd Chant. I hope they right a wrong and switch back next season.  

Ignore the comments from Grandpa Hockey. He goes to Wild games to root against the Wild. The whole pretending to be from Canada thing has him cheering for all the Canadian teams and his age has him cheering for the Original 6 teams.

LOL.  Change it back to the song that 12 other teams use?  Yeah, really original there.  Let's Go Crazy is great and it pays homage to one of the most famous Minnesotans in the modern era.  Antii is spot on as well.  You shouldn't need a silly song or a cue from the PA announcer to get excited during a hockey game.  I suppose you guys like the reminder of being on the PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH POWER PLAY as well. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM, DC-Hawk said:

LOL.  Change it back to the song that 12 other teams use?  Yeah, really original there.  Let's Go Crazy is great and it pays homage to one of the most famous Minnesotans in the modern era.  Antii is spot on as well.  You shouldn't need a silly song or a cue from the PA announcer to get excited during a hockey game.  I suppose you guys like the reminder of being on the PUH-PUH-PUH-PUH POWER PLAY as well. :rolleyes:

12 teams? Try one and they mix it differently. Talk about original? At least 2 other teams in the Twin Cities use Let's go Crazy to celebrate (Vikings and Twins).  In using your logic, should we make Like a Rolling Stone the goal song when Bob Dylan passes away. If you want to pay homage to Prince, take a tour of Paisley Park, but keep it out of a hockey game.