CaptainH

Step up, somebody

73 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:43 PM, lynxrattle said:

Don't pick players from a losing culture. Maybe we should be wary about picking Minnesotans to the team. I certainly would be wary about picking us Finns. When have we won anything in a small rink? Don't load the team with ex-Sabres and ex-Coyotes. Even Dubnyk comes from a losing background and he's off every playoffs. Pick Canadians, Russians, US players, Swedes that come from teams with a winning background. Maybe we should try picking coaches that have actually won the cup, as well. Easier said than done, but this winnng culture factor seems to be totally neglected by Fletcher.

IMO, most Finnish players have plenty of grit. Kind of a quiet toughness. The type of player you need on your roster.

The quiet part is the key. You can have some quiet players on the team, but not a bunch. Especially the leading players must be vocal at times.

23 hours ago, IronRanger218er said:

The mild are toast and any NHL fan knows this!!!

Yet they brought you on board.

1 person likes this

The secret formula is to not put play makers with other play makers on the same line. Especially on the PP. Major duh moment there with Yeo and Boudreau. Likewise it's just as foolish to put goal scorers with goal scorers and no set-up guy.

While it's nice to have a special all-star caliber player there's promise to great balance when your owner and GM refuse to pocket a $9-$12 million a year player and try doing the same thing with several $6-$10 million a year players mixed in with a dozen successful to promising $500k to $1 million a year players.

Wild not having a proper star since, arguably, Gaborik or Burns is nothing new.

And the GM handing out lucrative NTC-contracts to people who don't really deserve one did put the team back for a few years. 

When those contracts end and no new stupid ones have been given, then maybe Wild could get a star player who isn't on decline.

Or Wild could do what the Hawks did. Tank a few times and get a couple 1st or 2nd draft picks.

4 hours ago, Lonkkis said:

Or Wild could do what the Hawks did. Tank a few times and get a couple 1st or 2nd draft picks.

The window is getting narrower for sure, and it will come a time for rebuilding once those big contracts are done.

I would vote for tanking, but for that you need to have the ability to draft well, like the Pens do (and even when remaining at the top: see Guentzel and Rust...). Are the Wild capable of being good at it? As for now I doubt it. 

Also you are dependant of the drafting class: not every year happens a Crosby or McDavid class. Just see what the Oilers did in the past when they totally screwed up with Hall, Hugent-Hopkins and Yakupov. If you don't have a decent D and Goaltending, then it's useless.

I was really hoping that Nino would light it up in the playoffs - him, granny, and zucker I thought would be the ones...  I would have never guessed that we'd resort to have a productive line with zucker and pomminville on the same line - but guess you have to try anything...  Let's hope we light em up tomorrow afternoon at the X - and start pushing them back in the series...  But even if all the stars aligned - the Press looked like a pretty fast and hard hitting team with a goalie on fire...  

It all goes to show how much a different league it is when the playoffs start. Yet, I too was expecting more from Nino and Granny because they have had great moments in previous playoffs. I don't think I'll ever forget Niederreiter's goal against the Avs.

to all the Suter haters, at least he scored a bleeping goal in this series.

GTFO Grandlund, Pominville, Nino, Haula and Staal

No grit, these dumb fu ckers think they are snipers and can score from horse **** angles and pass back and fourth around the perimeter playing patty wack while standing a foot off the boards.

When they decide to not dump and chase 95% of the time and be able to take a hit, crash the net, and understand tactics can and must be changed in the playoffs when u are losing or can't score. 

FYI, do not wait 3 games/losses that there is a problem. 

The Wild are way too predictable and especially against Yo Yo. He knew exactly how to beat this Wild team. 

Fuc k **** f uck

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:08 PM, Antti_Laxative said:

You can hitch your wagon to ONE marker all you want.  He's a fossil

..a liability, nothing more

I don't know which is worse--haters or trolls...

On 23/04/2017 at 7:08 PM, Antti_Laxative said:

You can hitch your wagon to ONE marker all you want.  He's a fossil

..a liability, nothing more

The fossil finished with the NHL-best rating at +34... He's not a scorer and everybody knows that. He wasn't hired for his offense contribution in the D squad.

The problem is not Suter. The problem is Suter in the playoffs.

More specifically Suter on the power play with his lob weak wrists. Or slow motion breakouts interrupted by forechecking. Or super creative dump in to be easily retrieved.

The emotional leadership beteeen Koivu and Suter is overwhelming. 

But plus 34 is awesome no doubt.

1 person likes this

On 4/23/2017 at 0:19 PM, harpazo said:

to all the Suter haters, at least he scored a bleeping goal in this series.

GTFO Grandlund, Pominville, Nino, Haula and Staal

So you're one of those who don't mind the puck skipping over his stick on the blue line 20-30 times a year, or how he can lazily skate 8-15 seconds off the clock moving the puck up-ice on power plays... Or watch how many stupid penalties he (Koivu and Parise) took in the playoffs.

Which brings to mind, how many times did the Wild get scored on while they were in the penalty box this year? 8-10 times? How about the playoffs? Twice?

Every other team tries to headman the puck on PP as fast as possible to catch the opposition in a line change. 

It seems the "State of Hockey" could care less with winning a cup. 

To Fletcher and Minnesotans, I'm assuming by the lack of concern, that being bounced in the playoffs is just fine. 

I suppose that's okay. Is it the futility of the Vikings that has created this apathy?

To passionate hockey fans, the cup is the goal and getting bounced every year in the first or maybe early second round isn't good enough. 

23 minutes ago, 63firebird said:

To Fletcher and Minnesotans, I'm assuming by the lack of concern, that being bounced in the playoffs is just fine. 

I suppose that's okay. Is it the futility of the Vikings that has created this apathy?

To passionate hockey fans, the cup is the goal and getting bounced every year in the first or maybe early second round isn't good enough. 

As long as the seats are full that's all they care about, stop going to games and you will see a change fast, or a plea for a new stadium.

7 minutes ago, 63firebird said:

I agree with you its not good enough. My response to mediocrity is to not buy any tickets. Any suggestions as to what else we should do about it?

I don't think its apathy--that implies that one doesn't care. Minnesota sports fans care, most just don't care that much about winning championships.

Comments I heard growing up when expressing my disappointment in our teams lack of success; life goes on, its not the end of the world, the sun will still come up tomorrow, maybe next year, blah, blah, blah. Comments which all happen to be true,however.

It kind of sucks being a die hard sports fan in this state who also expects more for our dollar than we get.

Remember that interview by Leipold when we we're still top of the league? Him saying that he does not believe that it goes on? He was right of course, in retrospect. Still, even the owner seems to be able to feel Minnesotan about Wild's mediocrity. Where's that Bowman attitude of "getting blasted out of the playoffs is a disaster, and heads will roll"?